Friday, February 6, 2015

Aikido & Competition

Compete comes from the root "to strive with" ... combat is to "fight with."  Competition is good, because everyone does better in a competitive environment.  I have my competitors in Misogi (I googled "Japan cold water swimming" and could find nothing) among the Chinese elderly (and I keep forgetting, at 60, people consider me "elderly").  I cannot dive from eight feet into cold water yet, but now I see a standard to compete against...  (NB: his hair is wet so it appears he has acclimated to the cold water and making a subsequent dive... this is easier than diving in dry...)

China weekly photos

And in Michigan, a cowboy has gotten into the swim of things, hee haw style:



Feel Free To Email This To Three Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment