Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Is Democracy Legitimate?

I am coming across more and more teachings and writings which seem to reject democracy as a legitimate form of government.  Then I read this, surprised I missed it before:


1 Samuel 15:24-26

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
24 And Saul said to Samuel: I have sinned because I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and thy words, fearing the people, and obeying their voice.
25 But now bear, I beseech thee, my sin, and return with me, that I may adore the Lord.
26 And Samuel said to Saul: I will not return with thee, because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord hath rejected thee from being king over Israel.


Obeying the people is the heart of democracy.

Feel Free To Email This To Three Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment